Monday, April 4, 2011

Achilles Tendon Tear Part II

Robert and I have had an interesting year so far. My darling husband ruptured his left Achilles tendon this year playing soccer! Those who already know, Robert ruptured his right Achilles tendon back in 2007 playing soccer. Fortunately, this tendon tear wasn't as severe as his first tendon tear. Regardless of the severity, we still have to overcome quite a few challenges on a daily basis.





I thought this was a really cute picture. Two of my three boys are in cones and casts. Aluche developed a rash due to the nature of his dry skin. He would lick himself until he was raw. I put the cone on him and he would stay in company with Robert. I think he was angry with me:). Either way, I thought this was a really cute picture.



Robert and I are extremely fortunate and blessed because the situation could have been a lot worst! We thank God for the wonderful doctors Houston has to offer. We are thankful that we live in a one story home versus living on the third floor of an apartment complex. Finally, we are thankful that one of our cars is automatic versus having standard vehicles.

Needless to say, Robert has retired the game of soccer, again:|.

Next step, physical therapy...











1 comment:

  1. You guys are troopers. Something like that can really put stress in your life. Hopefully he will be fully recovered soon. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete